Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Package...


It came today, well; that’s not quite true. It came yesterday while we were out, and because it was too big to go through the letterbox; a note was left to go pick it up at the local PO sorting office. So today, after getting up and calling in “sick” for my poor old Dad; (who has a flu type cold) we headed out to pick up the parcel. 

Thing is, I had no real idea what I was getting. I felt it could not be my DVD, seeing as they usually go through the letterbox easily. And I doubted very much if it was my croc sandals, especially as my e-mail said they were on their way! As I received my package from the man behind the counter, (a guy I had seen many times before) I saw it was from Amazon; still it took me a few moments to realise that it was a book I had sent for. 

Remember When by Robert Opie, a book about the decades/eras over the years. It is something I hope will help me with my writing, I have always wanted to write stories set in the past, but often find myself stuck as to how I can make it real and authentic sounding. Here’s hoping this will help me, and that one day my “in the past” story will entertain you! 

No comments: